Indian government has decided to set up 800 SFURTI (Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries) clusters with an investment of Rs 850 crore by March 2017 to boost khadi and village industries, according to media reports.
“Modernisation of Khadi and village industries is the key to increase more number of job opportunities at the rural and grass root level without affecting the environment,” micro small and medium enterprises minister Kalraj Mishra said at a workshop organised by the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) in Delhi recently.
Mishra said that during the 12th Five year plan (2012-17), 800 SFURTI clusters will be set up which will be a great boost to the khadi and village industries.
The MSME Ministry had launched SFURTI in 2005 to promote cluster development. The Scheme envisages need-based assistance for replacement of production equipment, setting up of common facility centres (CFC), product development, quality improvement, improved marketing, training and capacity building.
The target for the revamped SFURTI clusters under 12th Five Year Plan is to set up 800 clusters under KVI and Coir with an outlay of Rs 850 crore to cover four lakh artisans across the country.
- Rising plastics demand, product diversification to fire-up regional manufacturing industry
- Van de Wieleinvests $5 million in Chattanooga USA.
- TAPPI Centennial Celebration Week to Feature Programming
- Colorjet to show 4000 meter/day digital textile printer Vastrajet at Garfab-Tex
- Govt to boost khadi industry
- Raw cotton destocking could bring quality issues for spinners
- Solwa Italy joins the Santex Group
- Oerlikon CNTAC study 2015
- Oerlikon showed Potential for further Modernization of Chinas Textile Industry
- Judgement affirmed in the second instance
- Mimaki Sb300 and Sb53 inks achieve OEKO-TEX® Accreditation
- Premiere Edition of ITMACH India: A Winner For Exhibitors And Visitors
- SHIMA SEIKI to Exhibit at Première Vision New York
- Trade conditions weaken Egypt textiles
- 200 experts from the personal protective clothing and equipment sector gather for the 3rd PPE Lead Market Conference in Brussels
- VERDOL at DOMOTEX 2015 / A Direct Cabling machine with new
- SHIMA SEIKI to Exhibit at KNIT WORLD 2015
- Oerlikon awarded long-term agreement in excess of CHF 90 million
- Uster Technologies Ltd: Pathways to prosperity for India's textile industry
- Xeikon Wall-Covering Suite brings a new dimension to wallpaper manufacturing at Heimtextil
- Stabilization of nano silver on polyester machine made carpet
- Developments in transdermal patches are providing opportunities for active drug delivery
- Clothing exporters look towards emerging economies as sales to Europe continue to falter
- RECYCLING OF JUTE WASTES USING PULPZYME ENZYME
- GANGYING INDUSTRY
- Introduction of the biggest line (120,000ton/year) of PBT project in the world
- Rug Dyes....
- The German Home Textiles Industry 2011
- Strong grids unleash the forces of creativity
- Technische Gewirke in neuer Entfaltung
- New applications for warp-knitted textiles unfold
- New Approach of Synthetic Fibers Industry
- Leather Apparel and Leather Products- The In Things
- Designing Party Dresses with Beads, Appliques, and Bows
- What to Wear on Valentines Day