Indian government has decided to set up 800 SFURTI (Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries) clusters with an investment of Rs 850 crore by March 2017 to boost khadi and village industries, according to media reports.
“Modernisation of Khadi and village industries is the key to increase more number of job opportunities at the rural and grass root level without affecting the environment,” micro small and medium enterprises minister Kalraj Mishra said at a workshop organised by the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) in Delhi recently.
Mishra said that during the 12th Five year plan (2012-17), 800 SFURTI clusters will be set up which will be a great boost to the khadi and village industries.
The MSME Ministry had launched SFURTI in 2005 to promote cluster development. The Scheme envisages need-based assistance for replacement of production equipment, setting up of common facility centres (CFC), product development, quality improvement, improved marketing, training and capacity building.
The target for the revamped SFURTI clusters under 12th Five Year Plan is to set up 800 clusters under KVI and Coir with an outlay of Rs 850 crore to cover four lakh artisans across the country.
Middle East News
- Turkey's Kuveyt Turk mandates banks to issue sukuk - bankers
- Iran, Afghanistan sign $2-million contract
- Iran calls to enhance banking cooperation with Russia
- Pakistan to purchase power from Iran
- Sabic’s second quarter net profit declines 25 per cent
- Chinese firms to invest $300m in Abu Dhabi
- Aramex sees 4% revenue growth in Q2
- New UAE tax law brings clarity on VAT
- Federal Tax Authority mandated to audit tax compliance in the UAE
- Etihad Airways plane's tyre bursts while landing at Mumbai airport
- Ethiopia target to generate USD 30 bn from textile sector by 2030
- Egypt signs agreement with UNIDO for cotton production
- East African SMEs learn Shibori tie and dye technique
- Online shopping marketplace, DivaNoor, for Middle East
- East Africa mulls levying steep tax on clothing imports
- Stabilization of nano silver on polyester machine made carpet
- Developments in transdermal patches are providing opportunities for active drug delivery
- Clothing exporters look towards emerging economies as sales to Europe continue to falter
- RECYCLING OF JUTE WASTES USING PULPZYME ENZYME
- GANGYING INDUSTRY
- Introduction of the biggest line (120,000ton/year) of PBT project in the world
- Rug Dyes....
- The German Home Textiles Industry 2011
- Strong grids unleash the forces of creativity
- Technische Gewirke in neuer Entfaltung