Surface Solutions Segment
Pfäffikon SZ – Oerlikon’s Surface Solutions Segment has been awarded a ten-year long-term agreement by Snecma worth more than CHF 90 million. The agreement is for the supply of LEAP (Leading Edge Aviation Propulsion) engine components. This marks a significant milestone in the partnership between Snecma and Oerlikon Metco which has been built over the years.
Snecma, part of the international high-technology Safran group, has awarded Oerlikon Metco’s unit Eldim the manufacture of low-pressure turbine components. Developed under the LEAP program, the engine is a new-generation high-bypass turbofan with a primary application to power the next generation of single-aisle commercial aircraft. The LEAP engine has been designed and developed by CFM International – a 50/50 joint venture between Snecma and General Electric. The new LEAP engine incorporates a number of innovative yet proven technologies that meet the challenges faced by aircraft manufacturers and airlines alike. As a result, LEAP engines are the new-generation aviation turbine power plant of choice that provides operators with significant reductions in fuel consumption, noise and emissions.
“We are proud to be a part of this technologically ambitious program, and our contribution to such market-leading technologies helps to establish and consolidate our position as a preferred partner in the aviation industry,” said Dr. Brice Koch, CEO of Oerlikon Group.
- Rising plastics demand, product diversification to fire-up regional manufacturing industry
- Van de Wieleinvests $5 million in Chattanooga USA.
- TAPPI Centennial Celebration Week to Feature Programming
- Colorjet to show 4000 meter/day digital textile printer Vastrajet at Garfab-Tex
- Govt to boost khadi industry
- Raw cotton destocking could bring quality issues for spinners
- Solwa Italy joins the Santex Group
- Oerlikon CNTAC study 2015
- Oerlikon showed Potential for further Modernization of Chinas Textile Industry
- Judgement affirmed in the second instance
- Mimaki Sb300 and Sb53 inks achieve OEKO-TEX® Accreditation
- Premiere Edition of ITMACH India: A Winner For Exhibitors And Visitors
- SHIMA SEIKI to Exhibit at Première Vision New York
- Trade conditions weaken Egypt textiles
- 200 experts from the personal protective clothing and equipment sector gather for the 3rd PPE Lead Market Conference in Brussels
- VERDOL at DOMOTEX 2015 / A Direct Cabling machine with new
- SHIMA SEIKI to Exhibit at KNIT WORLD 2015
- Oerlikon awarded long-term agreement in excess of CHF 90 million
- Uster Technologies Ltd: Pathways to prosperity for India's textile industry
- Xeikon Wall-Covering Suite brings a new dimension to wallpaper manufacturing at Heimtextil
- Stabilization of nano silver on polyester machine made carpet
- Developments in transdermal patches are providing opportunities for active drug delivery
- Clothing exporters look towards emerging economies as sales to Europe continue to falter
- RECYCLING OF JUTE WASTES USING PULPZYME ENZYME
- GANGYING INDUSTRY
- Introduction of the biggest line (120,000ton/year) of PBT project in the world
- Rug Dyes....
- The German Home Textiles Industry 2011
- Strong grids unleash the forces of creativity
- Technische Gewirke in neuer Entfaltung
- New applications for warp-knitted textiles unfold
- New Approach of Synthetic Fibers Industry
- Leather Apparel and Leather Products- The In Things
- Designing Party Dresses with Beads, Appliques, and Bows
- What to Wear on Valentines Day