Surface Solutions Segment
Pfäffikon SZ – Oerlikon’s Surface Solutions Segment has been awarded a ten-year long-term agreement by Snecma worth more than CHF 90 million. The agreement is for the supply of LEAP (Leading Edge Aviation Propulsion) engine components. This marks a significant milestone in the partnership between Snecma and Oerlikon Metco which has been built over the years.
Snecma, part of the international high-technology Safran group, has awarded Oerlikon Metco’s unit Eldim the manufacture of low-pressure turbine components. Developed under the LEAP program, the engine is a new-generation high-bypass turbofan with a primary application to power the next generation of single-aisle commercial aircraft. The LEAP engine has been designed and developed by CFM International – a 50/50 joint venture between Snecma and General Electric. The new LEAP engine incorporates a number of innovative yet proven technologies that meet the challenges faced by aircraft manufacturers and airlines alike. As a result, LEAP engines are the new-generation aviation turbine power plant of choice that provides operators with significant reductions in fuel consumption, noise and emissions.
“We are proud to be a part of this technologically ambitious program, and our contribution to such market-leading technologies helps to establish and consolidate our position as a preferred partner in the aviation industry,” said Dr. Brice Koch, CEO of Oerlikon Group.
Middle East News
- Turkey's Kuveyt Turk mandates banks to issue sukuk - bankers
- Iran, Afghanistan sign $2-million contract
- Iran calls to enhance banking cooperation with Russia
- Pakistan to purchase power from Iran
- Sabic’s second quarter net profit declines 25 per cent
- Chinese firms to invest $300m in Abu Dhabi
- Aramex sees 4% revenue growth in Q2
- New UAE tax law brings clarity on VAT
- Federal Tax Authority mandated to audit tax compliance in the UAE
- Etihad Airways plane's tyre bursts while landing at Mumbai airport
- Ethiopia target to generate USD 30 bn from textile sector by 2030
- Egypt signs agreement with UNIDO for cotton production
- East African SMEs learn Shibori tie and dye technique
- Online shopping marketplace, DivaNoor, for Middle East
- East Africa mulls levying steep tax on clothing imports
- Stabilization of nano silver on polyester machine made carpet
- Developments in transdermal patches are providing opportunities for active drug delivery
- Clothing exporters look towards emerging economies as sales to Europe continue to falter
- RECYCLING OF JUTE WASTES USING PULPZYME ENZYME
- GANGYING INDUSTRY
- Introduction of the biggest line (120,000ton/year) of PBT project in the world
- Rug Dyes....
- The German Home Textiles Industry 2011
- Strong grids unleash the forces of creativity
- Technische Gewirke in neuer Entfaltung