A Heat Generating Material (HGM) concept, developed by Clariant, a producer of specialty chemicals, has received a special mention in the Best Process Innovation category of the ICIS Innovation Awards 2014.
“The HGM finds mention as it has proven to significantly improve the efficiency of Catofin on-purpose olefin production units,” Clariant said.
The ICIS judges selected HGM for recognition because of its step-change contribution to feedstock utilization efficiency through increasing olefin selectivity and yield by several percent.
“The new concept reduces the carbon emissions of a typical Catofin unit by several 10,000 tons of CO2 per year and the Catofin technology creates a reliable and less complex production process for on-purpose olefins production,” Clariant said.
In the process, metal oxide-based HGM is loaded into the catalyst bed of the dehydrogenation plant, which is oxidised and reduced during the process.
This reaction produces heat inside the catalyst bed where it drives the dehydrogenation reaction and significantly reduces the amount of heat that needs to be supplied and also establishes a more favorable catalyst bed temperature profile.
Clariant added, “This increases olefin selectivity and consequently the yield, while also saving energy and reducing CO2 emissions.”
Licensed through CB&I, the CATOFIN technology is currently used in more than 30 propane and butane dehydrogenation plants around the world. (AR)
Fibre2fashion News Desk - India
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design