Seasonally adjusted gross domestic product (GDP) increased by 0.2 percent in the EU28 region, during the second quarter of 2014, compared with the previous quarter, according to second estimates published by Eurostat, the statistical office of the European Union.
The estimate on GDP for the second quarter is the last to be based on the ESA95 methodology, and the estimate for the third quarter of 2014 will be the first to be based on ESA 2010 methodology, Eurostat said.
In the first quarter of 2014, GDP grew by 0.3 percent in the EU28.
Compared with the same quarter of the previous year, seasonally adjusted GDP rose by 1.2 percent in the EU28 in the second quarter of 2014, after +1.4 percent in the previous quarter.
Among EU28 Member States for which data are available for the second quarter of 2014, Malta (+1.3%), Latvia and Slovenia (both +1.0%), Lithuania, Hungary and the United Kingdom (all +0.8%) recorded the highest growth compared with the previous quarter. Romania (-1.0%), Denmark and Cyprus (both -0.3%), Germany and Italy (both -0.2%) registered decreases.
During the second quarter of 2014, exports rose by 0.3 percent in the EU28 (after +0.5% in the previous quarter), while imports increased by 0.4 percent (after +1.2%).
Meanwhile, during the second quarter of 2014, GDP in the United States increased by 1.0 percent compared with the previous quarter (after -0.5% in the first quarter of 2014). Compared with the same quarter of the previous year, GDP grew by 2.5% (after +1.9% in the previous quarter). (RKS)
Fibre2fashion News Desk - India
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design