Iran-based Fanavaran Petrochemical Company has surpassed its own earlier record of monthly methanol production, FARS News Agency reported.
During the last month of the Iranian calendar year that ended on July 22, the company produced 87,810 tons of methanol, which is the highest in the last ten years.
The company is expected to break its previous annual record this year if there is sustainable gas supply during winter season.
According to the National Petrochemical Company, production of petrochemical industries increased by 6.5 percent during the first quarter of the current Iranian calendar year that started on March 21, 2014, over the corresponding period of last year, owing to increased efficiency and a decrease in work stoppage instances at petrochemical units.
During the three-month period, Iran’s petrochemical exports increased by six percent, compared to the corresponding period of last year.
In the last calendar year, Iran’s petrochemical exports increased by about one percent year-on-year to US$ 10.723 billion. Asian, African and Eastern European countries were the main buyers of Iran’s petrochemical products.
In the current Iranian calendar year, Iran’s petrochemical exports are likely to touch $12 billion.
Iran has the world’s largest natural gas reserves and the third-largest proven oil reserves. The country is now aiming to become the biggest petrochemical producer in the Middle East region, and it has significantly expanded the range and volume of its petrochemical production over the past few years.
Fibre2fashion News Desk - India
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design