The Indian government has approved Cotton Development Program as a Sub-scheme under the National Food Security Mission (NFSM) by adopting cropping system approach, during the current year i.e. 2014-15.
Under the above Sub-scheme, assistance is provided for Front Line Demonstrations on High Density Planting System (HDPS), Intercropping, Extra Long Staple (ELS)/Desi Cotton, besides program on Insecticides Resistance Management (IRM) and Online Pest Monitoring and Advisory Services (OPMAS).
To extend technical assistance and benefits to farmers, the Program is implemented through State Departments of Agriculture, Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), State Agricultural Universities (SAUs), Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs) etc.
This information was given by Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Balyan, Minister of State for Agriculture and Food Processing Industries in a written reply to Lok Sabha questions.
Govt of India
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design