National Textiles Corporation (NTC) has made profit in the year 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12 and 2012-13, but incurred loss during 2013-14.
The main reason for loss during 2013-14 has been due to increase in raw material cost by 10.55 % (i.e for Rs. 106.34 per/Kg (2012-13) to Rs. 117.56 per/kg (2013-14)), whereas sale rate of finished yarn increased by 2% only (for Rs. 211.77 per/Kg (2012-13) to Rs. 216.02 per/Kg(2013-14).
National Textile Corporation (NTC) has been implementing a revival scheme approved by Board for Industrial & Financial Reconstruction (BIFR) at a total cost of Rs. 9102 crore. Under this scheme, 78 mills have been closed down (Annexure–I), 22 mills are to be revived by NTC itself and 18 mills are to be operationlised through Joint Venture route. 2 mills have been taken out from joint venture list and revived by NTC itself.
Thus, 23 mills have been revived by NTC so far and one mill is slated to be set up as Technical Textiles unit in Rajasthan (Annexure–II). 5 mills are operational through JV route, (Annexure–III) remaining 11 mills are under arbitration as their Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) were cancelled on review. Under the scheme, 65000 employee approx were to be given Modified Voluntary Retirement Scheme (MVRS). 63295 employees have opted for MVRS at a compensation of Rs. 2378.75 crore so far.
National Textiles Corporation
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design