Alfa Laval – a world leader in heat transfer, centrifugal separation and fluid handling – has won an order to supply compact heat exchangers for the caustic evaporation plant of AkzoNobel in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. The order, booked in the Process Industry segment or the Energy & Process segment according to the new organization for the Process Technology division, has a value of approximately SEK 120 million and deliveries are scheduled for 2014 and 2015 separator.
Alfa Laval’s compact heat exchangers will be used for concentrating caustic soda, an important ingredient in the chemical and petrochemical industries. The compact heat exchangers will re-use heat from different steps of the evaporation process, thereby maximizing the energy efficiency and minimizing the energy use.
“This is Alfa Laval’s largest caustic installation to date and it will include our compact heat exchangers in a set-up that makes the process extremely energy efficient,” says Lars Renström, President and CEO of the Alfa Laval Group.
Sodium hydroxide (NaOH), also known as lye or caustic soda, is a caustic base used in many industries, mostly as a strong chemical base in the manufacturing of pulp and paper, textiles, soaps, detergents and drain cleaners.
About Alfa Laval
Alfa Laval is a leading global provider of specialized products and engineering solutions based on its key technologies of heat transfer, separation and fluid handling.
The company’s equipment, systems and services are dedicated to assisting customers in optimizing the performance of their processes. The solutions help them to heat, cool, separate and transport products in industries that produce food and beverages, chemicals and petrochemicals, pharmaceuticals, starch, sugar and ethanol.
Alfa Laval’s products are also used in power plants, aboard ships, in the mechanical engineering industry, in the mining industry and for wastewater treatment, as well as for comfort climate and refrigeration applications.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design