Tirupur Exporters Association clarifies its requisition for 60 hours per week including working hours and overtime given to workers.
TEA wishes to note that in its recent Memorandum given to Hon’ble Union Minister of Finance, Shri. Arun Jaitley, TEA had requested for amendment in labour laws, so that the total number of hours of work in a week, including overtime, shall not exceed to meet out the compliances.
For the ready reference, TEA gives below the relevant portion of it from its Memorandum:
-“AMENDMENT IN LABOUR LAWS”, the policy intervention is required for overcoming major non-compliance in garment factories through amendment in the factories act, 1948.
-Section 64 - The total number of hours of work in a week, including overtime shall not exceed 60 to meet out the compliances and moreover, TEA’s neighboring competing countries are following the same. It is to be noted the workers in general want to have over time every day and not interested to work, if less over time is provided to them in a week.”
Meanwhile, CITU Trade Union has given objections through press releases stating that TEA has asked for increasing normal working hours from 8 to 10 hours per shift which is not correct and totally in contrary to TEA’s requisition given in the memorandum.
In view of this, TEA has sent a clarification letter to Trade Union CITU, to inform the position and settle the issue.
Tirupur Exporters Association
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design