Textile exports from Dominican Republic are expected to increase and inject 700 million pesos in the country’s economy, especially due to the funding facilities and training support that would be received by the sector from the National Bank of Development of Exports, which was established recently, said Dominican Association of Textile Industries (ADITEX) president David Cortes.
Mr. Cortes said the decision of turning the National Development Bank of Housing and Production (BNV) into a financial institute specializing in development of exports is a good measure taken up by the Government, and the National Bank of Development of Exports, once operational, is expected to facilitate exports from the textile sector of the country, reports Dominican newspaper Listin Diario.
The bank would be fundamental in facilitating competitiveness amongst textile enterprises that export products and would help in generating more employment and fetch foreign exchange for the country, he added.
According to the ADITEX official, the financial facilities received from the bank could be utilized by the enterprises operating in the sector to implement training facilities and expand production centers to manufacture high-quality textile products that could be exported.
The conversion of BNV into National Bank of Development of Exports was announced by Dominican President Danilo Medina last month. The new bank is established with the objective of providing credit facilities to export-oriented sectors in the country with the aim of facilitating growth and development. Operations at the new bank are expected to begin from June, this year.
Fibre2fashion News Desk - India
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design