Foster Wheeler AG reported a loss from continuing operations for the fourth quarter of 2013 of $37.2 million, or $0.38 per diluted share, compared with income from continuing operations of $18.6 million, or $0.18 per diluted share, in the fourth quarter of 2012.
-26% increase in Q4 2013 scope revenues in Global E&C Group versus average quarter of 2012
-Second consecutive quarter of record-level scope backlog in Global E&C Group
-59% increase in Q4 2013 scope new orders in Global Power Group versus average quarter of 2012
-Q4 2013 results from continuing operations impacted by discrete items
Income/loss from continuing operations in both quarterly periods was impacted by net asbestos-related provisions, as detailed in an attached table. Excluding such items from both quarterly periods, the adjusted income from continuing operations in the fourth quarter of 2013 was $2.8 million, or $0.03 per diluted share, compared with $41.3 million, or $0.39 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter.
Three additional items had an unfavorable non-cash impact on adjusted income from continuing operations in the fourth quarter of 2013: a pretax impairment charge of $22.4 million, or $0.22 per diluted share, associated with a partially owned waste-to-energy facility in the company’s Global Engineering and Construction Group; a pretax charge of $15.1 million, or $0.11 per diluted share, for a restructuring in the Global Power Group associated with an organizational realignment designed to drive further efficiencies and strengthen the Group’s focus on environmental and industrial products; and a $10.7 million, or $0.11 per diluted share, provision associated with a tax audit in a non-U.S. jurisdiction.
Excluding the impact of the these three items and asbestos, income from continuing operations in the fourth quarter of 2013 was $47.3 million, or $0.47 per diluted share, compared with $44.8 million, or $0.42 per diluted share, in the average quarter of 2012.
For the full-year 2013, income from continuing operations was $96.9 million, or $0.96 per diluted share, compared with $149.2 million, or $1.39 per diluted share, for 2012. Excluding the asbestos provisions from both years, adjusted income from continuing operations for 2013 was $127.1 million, or $1.25 per diluted share, compared with $179.1 million, or $1.66 per diluted share, in 2012.
Click here to view full results
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design