Wholistic Future Finishing system maintains fiber strength with zero add-on formaldehyde First resin finishing system to meet highest consumer safety standards
BASF, the world’s leading chemical company, continues to drive sustainability in the textile value chain with the launch of the industry’s first resin finishing system which embraces consumer safety and ecology: Fixapret Resin WFF – the Wholistic Future Finishing (WFF).
“The future of finishing is here: a ‘wholistic’ performance that ensures a high wrinkle-free effect with zero add-on formaldehyde, yet maintaining optimal fiber strength. This property is a first in the industry, as often fiber strength is compromised and weakened in such applications. Additionally, it meets strict consumer safety and ecological standards,” said Lütfü Okman, Vice President of Global Business Management, Textile Chemicals, BASF South East Asia Pte Ltd.
Wholistic Future Finishing
As part of the sustainability roadmap of BASF Textile Chemicals, the innovative Fixapret Resin WFF is developed with new technologies that offer performance, safety and energy-efficiency, and at the same time does not compromise on comfort and durability.
The new solution meets the highest consumer safety standard OEKO-TEX Standard 100 Product Class I. This means that formaldehyde is not intentionally added by recipe, nor through its raw material components. This is particularly important for manufacturing of children’s apparel, where controls over formaldehyde levels have been tightened. In addition, its resin is biodegradable according to OECD Guidelines for the Testing of Chemicals.
“Consumer safety, resource saving and environment protection contribute to safer textiles and a better future. This is what our commitment to ‘Putting Future into Textiles’ is all about,” added Okman.
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company: The Chemical Company. Its portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design