Officially opened on February 24th, the Fabric Source is the first Nordic sustainable fabric platform, created for the fashion- and textile industry with the aim to prove that fashion can be sustainable without compromising design, price and quality.
C.L.A.S.S. with its long-term expertise on innovative and sustainable materials is a main partner bringing its knowledge and it’s Eco-library into this new platform which is going to be a physical fabric sourcing library where you can get inspired by more than 1,000 sustainable fabrics.
The C.L.A.S.S. product categories available at the Fabric Source will include the whole range from natural & organic textiles, to repurposed & recycled fabrics, to innovative renewables.
Starting from February 24th, C.L.A.S.S. will have a new stop in Copenhagen. Once again, C.L.A.S.S. collaborates with NICE and the Danish Fashion Institute to be their Official Materials Partner for Textiles at this the 3rd edition of the Copenhagen Fashion Summit in April this year.
This event is confirmed as the leading and largest conference dedicated to all the new and key issues relating to sustainable fashion on a global scale.
CLASS and NICE have worked well together since 2009, because they share the same objectives and philosophy, as well as the know-how to best bring innovation and sustainability to the fashion industry. These projects help facilitate a more responsible way fashion brands and designers can acquire materials and processes. In sum it helps show a new way to transform eco-fashion from niche to mainstream, appealing to an ever-growing consumer who wants to choose better.
The 2014 Fashion Summit program is still ongoing, with many surprises still to come. The third partnership kicked off seriously in December 2013, during an exchange workshop titled The Design Challenge in Copenhagen.
It was here, with the help of CLASS that new designers selected fabrics and materials from the CLASS eco-library. The seven designers who participated included Designers Remix, Barbara I Gongini, Gudrun & Gudrun, Marimekko, Nina Skarra, The Local firm and Leila Hafzi.
These designers will next present their vision of sustainability on the conference catwalk, and Giusy Bettoni will be part of the Design Challenge Jury to select the best and overall winner of this year’s event.
As well as being on the catwalk, CLASS partner materials and products will be creatively showcased in a new interactive display in the central foyer space of the Copenhagen Opera House, where delegates and designers will be able to touch, feel, understand and enjoy the latest in eco-textiles innovations today, close up and personal!
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design