(United States Of America)
Anna's Linens announced that company president Scott Gladstone has been named chief executive officer of the home furnishings and home decor retailer. The company, started in 1987 with a store in Baldwin Park, CA, was founded by Alan Gladstone, and now has more than 300 stores throughout 19 states. Alan Gladstone will remain as chairman of the board.
"Scott has spent the last eight years at Anna's bringing innovation and business improvements to many different areas of the company. I am proud of what we have done together and have absolute confidence that he is the person who can lead us in writing the next chapter of Anna's history," said Alan Gladstone.
In naming Scott to succeed him as CEO, Gladstone, 66, ensures that Anna's remains a family-run business. Currently, the company is the country's 13th largest retailer of home textiles and home decor items, with more than 3,200 employees.
The 44-year-old Gladstone, who joined Anna's Linens in 2005, was named president of the company in 2012. Prior to joining Anna's, Gladstone spent 10 years as president of the U.S. division of Sparco, a global manufacturer of automotive performance products and safety equipment.
"This company has always been about evolving; and this succession in leadership is yet another example of how we ensure that we are well positioned for the future," said Scott Gladstone. "This is undoubtedly an exciting time for Anna's and I look forward to building upon the legacy that my father has created."
Stating that he would remain Anna's leading "brand ambassador" and most vocal cheerleader, Alan Gladstone will continue to serve as chairman and work closely with the executive committee. "I'm truly excited about Anna's future under Scott's leadership," said Gladstone.
About Anna's Linens
Headquartered in Costa Mesa, California, Anna's Linens was founded in 1987 by its current chairman, Alan Gladstone, and named after his mother, Anna. A family-run business with more than 3,200 employees, Anna's currently operates more than 300 stores throughout 19 states and Puerto Rico.
(United States Of America)
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design