(United States Of America)
American Textile Company, a leading provider of innovative sleep solutions since 1925, hosted a groundbreaking ceremony at its Tifton, Ga. production and distribution facility. The ceremony kicked off an expansion that will bring its total space to over 400,000 square feet and double the workforce over the next five years.
Just three years after opening with 100 employees, American Textile Company is growing well ahead of plan at its Tifton operation. It is one of four U.S. plants for the company, in addition to operations in China and El Salvador. Tifton's strategic location 180 miles south of Atlanta provides efficient access to key regional and national customers.
"Our expansion so soon after opening is fueled in part by consumer demand for our AllerEase allergen barrier and EvenTemp temperature regulation bedding products, but also by the positive business climate we've seen in Tifton," said Lance Ruttenberg, president and CEO of Pennsylvania-based American Textile. "Access to a skilled workforce and strong county support were key factors in choosing to expand here," he added.
Attended by representatives from the Tifton-Tift County Chamber of Commerce, Tifton Mayor Jamie Cater, Jr. and County Commission Chairman Grady Thompson, the event celebrated the expansion scheduled for completion this spring.
"American Textile has been an outstanding partner in our community and we are excited about the news of their expansion," said Brian Marlowe, Chairman of the Tifton-Tift County Development Authority. "Whenever an existing industry decides to expand, it represents a commitment to our area and an acknowledgement that we're doing the right things here to promote growth and success."
Company CEO Lance Ruttenberg expressed his thanks to the Tift County and Chamber representatives who worked tirelessly to make the expansion possible. "Tifton has been an integral part of our growth but perhaps most importantly, we enjoy doing business here," said Ruttenberg. "Tifton is a southern home for us now. It's a great place to make investments that create jobs and contribute to the quality of life in the community. The hospitality, friendliness and charm complement the business dynamics."
American Textile Company
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design