On Sunday 26 January 2014, 11 am until 8 pm, an exhibition of Burma, Lanna and Laos Textiles at River City Grand Hall will be held by Steve & Jenny Spancake and Chum Lampion for the 1st Anniversary Memorial for Peter Ahrens’ of Lampion.
This exhibition of Burmese, Lanna and Laos Textiles is in honor of Hans Peter Ahrens’ of Lampion Curios & Antiques, who passed away on January 25, 2013 in Bangkok Thailand.
Hans Peter Ahrens' was born on July 7, 1940 in Germany. Khun Peter first came to Thailand as a tourist and then returned here as a teacher for a project of the Thai Department of Technical and Economic Cooperation and the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Technische Zusammenarbei.
Upon completing his teaching obligations at Chiang Mai University, he married Pornpimol Suwannapong and opened an antique shop, Lampion Curios & Antiques. Peter was both a fountain of knowledge and a friend to all who shared his passion.
The traditional textiles of the region became one of his favorite art forms after he was dazzled by his first encounter with an antique Burmese piece that was woven from silk and satin and embroidered with gold and silver threads. The textiles exhibited in this 1st Anniversary Memorial are a tribute to his knowledge, passion and love of Southeast Asia and his friendshi p with all who shared his joy.
Today, the shop name Lampion has been slightly changed to “Chum_Lampion” (Punvasa Kunlabutr) signifying that the torch of passion and knowledge for Southeast Asian art continues.
Thai Textile Society
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design