India ITME Society, the Organisation serving the Textile Engineering Industry and Textile Industry through Exhibitions held its 34th AGM on 27th September 2013 in Mumbai.
The Society organizes International Textile Technology Exhibitions which today is undisputedly the premier event in India and well accepted internationally with 61 countries participating. After the successful conclusion of India ITME 2012, the Society is gearing up for its next event in 2016 with a newly elected Team of Office Bearers and Committee Members.
Mr. Sanjiv Lathia, Director Lathia Group has been elected as the Chairman of India ITME Society for the term 2013-2015. Mr. Lathia completed his B.Tech. from IIT Delhi and M.S. from Stanford USA. He is heading the technical operations at family owned Lathia Rubber Mfg. Co. Ltd. Apart from sharp business acumen, Mr. Lathia also has deep sense of social responsibility and commitment to give back to the Society. He is an active Member of many Industrial and philanthropic Organisations. He has served many Associations in multiple roles. To mention few he was the President of BIA, President of Indian Textile Accessories & Machinery Mfrs. Association (ITAMMA). He is also associated with professional organisations like ASME, ISA. Despite his busy schedule Mr. Lathia is also active with Rotary Club Of Bombay West and various other Organisations for betterment of community and youth.
India ITME Society’s governing body Chaired by Mr. Lathia has also other eminent and visionary Industrialists and Leaders. Vice-Chairmen elected for the term 2013 - 2015 are:
1) Mr. Sunil Soni, IAS, Director General, Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
2) Mr. Prakash K. Bhagwati, Chairman, Textile Machinery Manufacturers’ Association (I) (TMMA), Chairman, Inspiron Engineering Pvt. Ltd., Ahmedabad.
3) Mr. Diven G. Dembla, President, Indian Textile Accessories & Machinery Mfrs. Association (ITAMMA), Managing Director, Precision Rubber Industries Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai
4) Mr. Prem Malik, Chairman Confederation of Indian Textile Industry (CITI), Mumbai. Has 48 years experience and associated with Companies like M/s. Bombay Dyeing & Manufacturing Co. Ltd. and M/s. Mafatlal Industries Ltd.
5) Mr. D.R. Mehta, President The Textile Association (India) (TAI) Mumbai (Ex-Chairman NTC)
6) Mr. S. Hari Shankar, Whole-time Director, Lakshmi Card Clothing Mfg. Co. Pvt. Ltd., Coimbatore has been elected as Hon.Treasurer
Group picture of incoming & outgoing members of the steering committee of India ITME Society captured on 27th September, 2013.
Mr. Sanjiv Lathia chairman elected (center) flanked by immediate past chairman Mr. R. S. Bachkaniwala (Left) & Mr. G. T. Dembla, Past Chairman (2001-2005) (Right).
While looking forward to a vibrant growth under the stewardship of new Chairman,
India ITME Society also takes this opportunity to acknowledge with deep appreciation the valuable contributions of immediate past Chairman, Mr. R. S. Bachkaniwala (Director, Palod Himson Machines Pvt. Ltd.)
India ITME Society