|(United States Of America)|
Buckminster Upholstery, Falls City, NE, was recognized with the 2013 International Achievement Award (IAA) for design excellence in specialty fabrics applications, that took place Oct. 24 at the IFAI Specialty Fabrics Expo 2013 and Advanced Textiles Conference & Trade Show, at the Orlando Convention Center in Orlando, Fla.
Buckminster Upholstery received an Award of Excellence for its 1890’s Turkish Couch project. The project was recognized in the competition’s Upholstery category.
IFAI received a total of 236 entries from 13 countries that were submitted for 29 categories in this year’s competition. Winners were selected based on complexity, design, workmanship, uniqueness and function. Judges included industry experts, editors, architects, educators and design professionals who were chosen for their knowledge in a particular field of study or product area.
All entries receive prominent recognition at the IFAI Specialty Fabrics Expo 2013 and Advanced Textiles Conference & Trade Show, the largest specialty fabrics trade show in the Americas. Entrants receive additional publicity through coverage in IFAI magazines and press releases distributed to media professionals.
For more than six decades, IAA has recognized excellence in design and innovation, highlighting truly spectacular work in the specialty fabrics and technical textiles industry. The goal of IAA is to promote awareness of the specialty fabrics used in thousands of products and applications ranging in size and type.
The International Achievement Awards competition is sponsored by IFAI, a not-for-profit trade association whose 1,800 member companies represent the international specialty fabrics and technical textiles marketplace.
Kim Buckminster with Buckminster Upholstery has been in business for over 30 years and has won numerous awards for his upholstery work. Specializing in traditional, restoration and general upholstery, Buckminster has provided his services for museums, government offices and clientele throughout the Midwest.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design