The annual conference of the German Certification Association for Professional Textile Services (Gütegemeinschaft sachgemäße Wäschepflege e.V.), which was held from 10 to 12 October 2013 in Bad Kissingen (Germany), was dedicated to the association's 60th anniversary.
The event achieved an absolute record with a total of 330 participants. In his welcome speech, the president of the German Certification Association, Karl-Rainer Dauer, announced the current figure of 375 regular members and 90 supporting members.
The consistently high number of quality certification mark contenders abroad is once again testament to the extremely positive international response to the certification and quality assurance system of the RAL Quality Certification Mark.
The event participants had the choice of numerous presentations and workshops, which primarily focused on the general shift in the textile care industry and possible effects on RAL certified laundries.
The workshops provided a clear insight into what could constitute successful process optimisation, how new marketing and sales strategies can be used in invitations to tender in the health service, and how modern HR management can influence operational success.
In the presentation events, experts from the Hohenstein Institute, the German Certification Association for Professional Textile Services' scientific partner, discussed their research and test results.
The event focused on the importance of cooperative research for process optimisation in RAL certified laundries, the consequences of the change in energy policy in Germany, the avoidance of mistakes in business procedures and future training opportunities for specialists and managers. It also looked at how the newly designed German Certification Association website can be optimally used for addressing customers and for internal communication.
Pioneering visions of textile service in the age of wellness, well-being and relaxation as well as future strategies for organising the rental service provided participants with inspiration for their own ideas during the podium discussion. Prof. Dr. med. Klaus-Dieter Zastrow, president of the Professional Association of German Hygienists (Berufsverband Deutscher Hygieniker) in Berlin, spoke about the effects of the German Infection Protection Act on hygiene awareness in the health service.
In an anniversary celebration with the motto "75 years of the quality certification mark for professional textile services – 60 years of the German Certification Association", there was also plenty of time for chat in a relaxed atmosphere and good company.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design