Textile firms from over 20 countries participated at the recently concluded Third International Exhibition-Fair of Cotton Products, held in the capital city of Ashgabat in Turkmenistan.
Organized by the state concern for Turkmen cotton—Turkmenpagta, the State Commodity and Raw Materials Exchange and the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Turkmenistan, the two-day fair saw participation from 40 textiles firms representing 20 countries including Russia, the US, UK, Japan, Italy, Singapore, Switzerland, Poland, India, Bangladesh, Latvia, Iran, Turkey and Afghanistan, reports the State News Agency of Turkmenistan (TDH).
During the opening ceremony of the trade fair, Turkmen President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov said that such kind of events and international conferences play an important role in developing the agricultural sector and the cotton industry, expanding research in cotton growing and promoting cooperation with international organizations in this sector.
The two-day fair had agro-industrial departments of Turkmenistan showcasing multifaceted expositions in order to give the guests and participants information about the latest specimen products, advanced manufacturing technologies, technical and crop varieties, seed stock and recycled materials as well as share multifaceted experiences in the agricultural industry of the country.
As part of the trade fair, the international conference ‘Cotton Production in Turkmenistan and the World Market’ was held, wherein specialists of the agencies and agricultural companies, global cotton consumers, engineering enterprises, agricultural scientists and experts got together to discuss cotton industry of the country and the trends in the world market.
The fair was organized with the objective of providing opportunities to establish mutually beneficial contacts and strengthen long-term partnership between local cotton producers and foreign customers. The two-day fair saw participation from major agricultural departments, cotton enterprises and textile industries of Turkmenistan as well as other countries.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design