Textile exports from Spain registered a growth of 14.5 percent year-on-year during the first nine months of 2013 and touched €8.9 billion, as per the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness’ data.
According to the monthly data on exports released by the Ministry, the exports of apparel during the January to September period reached €6.4 billion, indicating an increase of 18.2 percent, compared to the same period last year.
Meanwhile, during the first nine months of 2013, Spanish textile imports amounted to €11.09 billion, recording a jump of 4.9 percent, compared to the same period in 2012.
Imports in the garment sub-sector during January to September, 2013, grossed €8.43 billion, showing a rise of 4.3 percent year-on-year.
According to the Ministry’s data for September 2013, Spain exported textiles worth €1.1 billion, indicating a surge of 13.1 percent, compared to the same period last year. In terms of the garment sub-sector, the country exported apparel worth €861 million, showing a rise of 11.4 percent year-on-year.
Imports of textiles for the month of September 2013 grew by 20.4 percent year-on-year and touched €1.5 billion, whereas, imports of garments in the month of September increased by 18.9 percent and amounted to €1.2 billion, compared to the same month last year.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design