Eight Portuguese companies are at Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics with a luxury showcase of fabrics for fall/winter 2014/2015, from the warmest flannels to the sumptuous velvets and artificial furs, without forgetting fabrics with natural raw materials and the most innovative denim.
Innovation, quality, design and comfort stand out in the offer of A Têxtil de Serzedelo, Arco Têxteis, Gierlings Velpor, ITS/Somelos Tecidos, Lemar, Riopele, Teviz and Troficolor – the companies in the Portuguese Pavilion, organized by Associação Selectiva Moda – for next year’s cold season.
In the luxury world of velvet and synthetic furs, ideal for fall-winter season, Gierlings Velpor unveils a collection where digital printing gets a leading role and dimension. “Digitally printed velvets have more flexibility and it allows the client to develop customized collections. It’s a technology that we already had the opportunity to test and it works very well in the kind of product in three dimensions that we offer, in velvets as well as in artificial furs”, says Alexandra Sousa, responsible for the collection in this company, that also shows a greater variety of jacquard velvets in different designs.
Winter 2014/2015 also dresses itself with the Portuguese flannels proposed by Teviz, which offers jacquards and a vast array of different compositions, from elastane blends to polyester/rayon/wool, acrylic/Modal/linen and 100% cupro.
“We are working with the Chinese market for two years now and our sales have been growing each year, so the expectations are good. It’s a market with potential that searches for articles with more add-value, which is what we have to offer”, explains Paulo Loureiro, commercial director of the company.
Specialized in shirting fabrics, A Têxtil de Serzedelo bets on an offer of fabrics in natural raw materials, such as cotton/linen, in this second presence in Chinese territory. “We were in Beijing in March. In Shanghai we are in a completely different area, with a wider range of customers. We are focusing in the medium/medium-high range, with products directed towards this market”, unveils the administrator Camilo Almeida.
Troficolor, on its side, shows that denim can be innovative and presents its new concept VelvDenim, “in which denim finally assumes a leading role in winter season”, declares marketing responsible Flávio Dias. The Portuguese company also shows in Shanghai a Special Edition family of articles and a new range of products with flannel and alaska, with unique treatments developed by Troficolor for a urban and cosmopolitan use.
“The Chinese market is proving to be more receptive in less time. Therefore, the goal is to increment that kind of permeability, accentuating the synergy between Troficolor and its agent in the territory, who shares of the commercial aggressiveness of our company”, concludes Flávio Dias.
The participation of the Portuguese companies at Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics, from October 21st to 24th, is an initiative promoted by Associação Selectiva Moda with the support of European funds (Qren), under the project From Portugal. This project includes more than 60 international actions planned for 2013, which cover the entire textile and fashion chain, from yarns to fabrics, apparel, home textiles and technical textiles, divided by four continents: Europe, Asia, Africa and America.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design