This year the 5,000 Euro I:CO Award, created and presented by I:Collect AG and EPEA International Environmental Research GmbH, has again inspired designers, artisans and scientists to submit their trendsetting ideas. Especially the project “Upcycling Fashion Pool” and the online platform “UnserKleiderschrank.de” impressed the jury.
The “Upcycling Fashion Pool” is a strategic network between designers and textile recycling companies which brings different recycled materials for textile production together, matching supply and demand in a simple and effective way.
Used textiles can be exchanged on the online platform “Unserkleiderschrank.de” (which means “our wardrobe”). Attractively presented, every used T-shirt and pair of jeans can find a new owner. Not only does this preserve important resources, the platform also supports small social projects with every exchange.
Inspired by Cradle to Cradle, I:Collect AG and EPEA International Environmental Research aim to offer incentives with the I:CO Award to close the loop on textiles and shoes. I:CO’s goal is to keep one item out of every product group in a closed loop by the year 2020. A goal which can only be achieved with innovative ideas. Ideas like those the I:CO Award has brought about in 2013.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design