The Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) of Pakistan’s Cabinet has decided to reconstitute Pakistan Central Cotton Committee (PCCC), an organization engaged in cotton research and development.
The reconstituted PCCC would have 18 members, which would include a member each from the four provinces, chairman of the All Pakistan Textile Mills Association (APTMA) and an APTMA-nominated member.
The Federal Minister of the Textile Industry, Pakistan Cotton Ginners Association (PCGA) chairman, Pakistan Agriculture Research Council chairman, chairman of Karachi Cotton Association, and secretaries of the Ministries of Textile Industry, Finance, Planning and Development, and National Food Security, would also be members of the PCCC.
In addition, Secretary of Agriculture, Government of Sindh, and Secretary of Agriculture, Government of Punjab, would also serve as members of the reconstituted PCCC.
The ECC also approved the proposal for advertizing the position of the vice president of PCCC, for which an experienced and senior research scientist would be hired, who would also be a member of the PCCC.
The PCCC is a semi-autonomous body, whose aim is to concentrate its efforts on bringing an improvement in growing cotton, cotton marketing and manufacturing of cotton and cotton by-products through an extensive research and development (R&D) program in all its conceivable aspects.
The Committee derives its finances mainly from the Cotton Cess levied on raw cotton consumed by the local textile industry and exported abroad.
The PCCC is guided by specialized Sub-Committees like the Agricultural Research Sub-Committee, Technological Research Sub-Committee, and Marketing and Economic Research Sub-Committee.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design