In a keynote address titled, “Global Leadership and the Chemical Industry,” to the European Petrochemical Association (EPCA) annual meeting in Berlin on October 7, Mohamed Al-Mady, Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) Vice Chairman and CEO, said, “Europe faces a new reality.
The European chemical industry and various governments need to focus on more resource and cost efficient manufacturing, targeting incentives for innovation at the development stage and instituting a robust regulatory framework based on good science with clear goals. Governments must proactively support this transition – it cannot be done by industry alone.”
Regarding SABIC’s operations in Europe, he said the company will continue to play an active role in the region, striving to maintain its in-market manufacturing presence, providing technology from a growing innovative portfolio, and utilizing the optimal value chain to develop solutions to both Europe’s shifting demographic profile and exportable goods and technologies.
He said that SABIC’s manufacturing capabilities in the continent will target and invest in more resource and cost efficiency, which will in turn improve the company’s environmental footprint.
On innovation, Al-Mady said SABIC will develop technology from its multiple research facilities around the world. “Technology and innovation are central to our future success in Europe as well as the rest of the globe,” he said.
For SABIC and other global companies to effectively contribute toward Europe’s economic growth, Al-Mady urged proactive and coordinated support from the various governments in the region. For one, he called for “a robust regulatory scheme for more resource and cost efficient manufacturing.”
He said historically the European industry’s strength has been its ability to confront difficult challenges and create viable alternatives to achieve greater success. “In my opinion, this industry has the will and the necessary tools to meet the challenge,” he said.
EPCA is a Brussels based international non-profit association that serves a global network for the chemical business community consisting of producers of petrochemicals, their suppliers, customers and service providers.
Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC)
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design