|(United States Of America)|
During the 2013/14 season, world cotton production is projected at 25.5 million tons, the lowest in four seasons, but world cotton mill use is expected to remain around 23.5 million tons with consumption shifting from China to other countries, notably India, Pakistan and Turkey.
Production in both the United States and China are significantly less than last season due to unfavorable weather conditions and a decrease in planted area. Cotton plantings in the southern hemisphere start in large scale this month with approximately 2.7 million hectares projected to be planted with cotton this season, similar to 2012/13.
However, higher yields are expected to result in an increase in South American production. World cotton trade is projected at 8.5 million tons during 2013/14, approximately 1 million tons less than last season, largely accounted for by a decrease in imports by China.
World cotton ending stocks for 2013/14 are forecast at 20.4 million tons, an increase of two million tons from the previous season. In September, the Chinese government started buying cotton for its national reserve, amounting to just over 100,000 tons at the end of September. In 2013/14, China’s reserves are expected to increase to 11.4 million tons, up by almost 2 million tons from last season.
However, world ending stocks outside China will increase by less than 200,000 tons, so that at the end of the current season, China will hold nearly 60 percent of world stocks.
Click here to view world cotton supply and distribution
International Cotton Advisory Committee (ICAC)
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design