|(United States Of America)|
Kraig Biocraft Laboratories, Inc., the leading developer of advanced spider silk based fibers, announced the launching of the Company’s commercial production program with the recent hatching of its first batch of Monster Silk silkworms for commercial production.
Furthermore, the Company is currently expending resources to augment the scale of its Monster Silkworm production over the next 30 to 90 days. This move coincides with the Company’s planned strategy to rapidly increase its production capacity.
The Company’s strategy is to commit the vast majority of its initial production capacity to a propagation program designed to increase its production population. A smaller portion of the first commercial production generation should also yield fibers which can be dedicated to the production of woven textile samples.
“Our launch of our commercial scale production of Monster Silk is a long awaited major milestone for Kraig, as we demonstrate our ability to convert recombinant spider silk, and Monster Silk most specifically, from an exciting laboratory technology to a marketable product,” said, CEO and founder, Kim K. Thompson. “We believe that rolling out the world’s first recombinant spider silk commercial production project will only expand our global development prospects, for Monster Silk and other high technology fibers.”
“It has taken many years to go from my initial concept of recombinant spider silk to the laboratory production of Monster Silk and now the actual launch and scaling up of the commercial scale production. I want to thank our investors and, most particularly, the research scientists, whose work and dedication has made this long anticipated day possible.”
“Given the current planned production schedule, we could theoretically be producing Monster Silk in metric ton quantities by early January. A more conservative estimate, given the realities of launching such a ground breaking and commercially unique project, would be to reach that major milestone in mid 2014. This move reaffirms our view that Kraig is the world’s leading developer of recombinant spider silk technologies,” concluded Thompson.
Kraig Biocraft Laboratories
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design