|(United States Of America)|
DuPont is proud to be included in Thomson Reuters 2013 World’s Top 100 Most Innovative Organizations. This is the third consecutive year DuPont has been featured on this list, which focuses on how patent activity, protection of intellectual property, new technologies and increased research and development (R&D) investment drive business growth and profitability.
“Throughout DuPont's 211-year history, our R&D has delivered a strong pipeline of new products that have responded to the needs of the marketplace,” saidThomas M. Connelly, executive vice president and chief innovation officer. “We are honored to be named to the list again this year; it recognizes the efforts of our scientists and engineers who continue to invent, innovate, and use our unique integrated science capabilities to serve our global customers.”
With 12 new innovation centers around the world, DuPont science is helping to solve some big societal challenges. Specifically, DuPont is working to grow more and better food, create renewable fuels and protect people where they work and live. These innovation centers bring together customers, governments, NGOs, universities and other strategic partners to collaborate to solve both regional and global issues.
“The connection between our 10,000 scientists and engineers and industry experts enables us to identify local needs, anticipate market trends and quickly develop innovative solutions,” Connelly said.
DuPont R&D investment increased by 8 percent to a record $2.1 billion in last year. The company announced new research centers and expansions for multi-crop research centers, broke ground on a new cellulosic ethanol facility in Nevada, Iowa, and continued to expand our offerings in photovoltaics and organic light-emitting diode (OLED) technologies. DuPont commercialized 2,047 products last year with about $10 billion in sales from new products and applications launched between 2009 and 2012.
The 2013 World’s Top 100 Global Innovators list honors the 100 corporations and institutions around the world that are at the heart of innovation as measured by a series of proprietary patent-related metrics.
DuPont has been bringing world-class science and engineering to the global marketplace in the form of innovative products, materials, and services since 1802. The company believes that by collaborating with customers, governments, NGOs, and thought leaders we can help find solutions to such global challenges as providing enough healthy food for people everywhere, decreasing dependence on fossil fuels, and protecting life and the environment.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design