|(United States Of America)|
Glatfelter announced the promotion of Kent K. Matsumoto to Vice President, General Counsel, and Corporate Secretary, effective immediately. In this capacity, he will report directly to Dante C. Parrini, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
In making this announcement, Mr. Parrini said, “During his seven-month tenure as the interim General Counsel, Kent has demonstrated a track record of hands on execution that has created value for the Company and shareholders. His sound judgment, business acumen, and leadership skills are a great complement to Glatfelter’s Senior Executive Team.”
Mr. Matsumoto brings 28 years of diverse and global corporate, legal, and trade association experience to his assignment. He joined Glatfelter in June 2012 as Assistant General Counsel and quickly assumed the role as Chief Compliance Officer as well as various Assistant Secretarial responsibilities. In March 2013, he was appointed interim General Counsel for the Company.
Prior to working at Glatfelter, Mr. Matsumoto served in a variety of corporate and divisional leadership assignments with firms such as Wolters Kluwer, Mayne Pharma, Alpharma, and the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America. He also has worked for the Baltimore legal firms of Semes, Bowen, and Semes as well as Ober, Kaler, Grimes, & Shriver.
Mr. Matsumoto earned a B.A. in Foreign Affairs from the University of Virginia and achieved his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Michigan Law School. His continued development includes executive education programs at Harvard and Columbia Universities. Mr. Matsumoto is admitted to practice law in Maryland and the District of Columbia (inactive) and is licensed as an in-house corporate counsel in Pennsylvania.
Headquartered in York, PA, Glatfelter is a global manufacturer of specialty papers and fiber-based engineered materials, offering over a century of experience, technical expertise and world-class service. U.S. operations include facilities in Spring Grove, PA and Chillicothe and Fremont, OH. International operations include facilities in Canada, Germany, France, the United Kingdom and the Philippines, a representative office in China and a sales and distribution office in Russia.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design