Hainsworth, one of Britain’s most prestigious textile mills, is supplying Harrods with blankets from its luxury lifestyle range Scarlet & Argent.
Each of the woollen blankets and throws is created exclusively by the Yorkshire-based Mill using techniques which date back to 1783 when the company first began weaving wool.
Today, it is one of the greatest names in luxury woollen cloth and the holder of a Royal Warrant. Traditional looms are still in use, and many craftsmen have followed their parents into the business. The mill uses eight-to-ten tonnes of wool weekly and a natural spring underneath the site provides vital water supplies for production processes.
Managing director Tom Hainsworth, 45, is the seventh generation of his family to run the business. He said: “Harrods is synonymous with luxury and great design so we are delighted to be showcasing Scarlet & Argent there.
“Only the finest natural materials are used in every Scarlet & Argent blanket and throw and every piece is impeccably finished. It is this attention to detail that gives our beautiful woollen lifestyle accessories their exceptional quality, their indulgent textures and a special place in any home.”
The Scarlet & Argent Collection in Harrods
Twill & Granite Throw – The name Twill & Granite derives from the two special weaves used to create these subtly striped throws. Beautifully textured and woven with only the finest merino wool, Twill & Granite throws exude relaxed sophistication. Colours include: Camel, Natural and or Lavender.
Vivid Living Blankets: Bold, fluffy and beautifully textured, this vibrant collection of blankets made from Pure New Lambswool is expertly woven with a contemporary colour palette and a classic cellular design. Colours include: Charcoal, Pink and Natural.
Dale & Moor Throws: Inspired by the Yorkshire countryside’s colour palette, Scarlet & Argent’s eco-friendly Dale & Moor Throws are a modern tribute to a traditional wool drying process in which cloth was stretched over wooden tenter frames and pinned in place with hooks. All are made from 100% Pure New Lambswool and are prettily hemmed on both sides. Colours include: Natural, Copper and Heather.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design