|(United States Of America)|
INVISTA and Eurovet together brought a taste of the famous and highly attended annual trade show, Interfiliere Paris, to the Tribeca Skyline Studios in New York. The exclusive event connected key buyers and retailers with leading global fabric mills in a first of its kind trend presentation format ever executed in North America.
The event focused on providing North American retailers and buyers with direct access to exclusively selected leading fabric suppliers from the intimates, swimwear and performance apparel markets. A total of 21 mills from 11 countries and 4 continents were represented. Guests from over 70 brands and retailers throughout the Americas were in attendance.
The afternoon kicked off with a workshop for networking and viewing the latest innovations from mill suppliers, followed by a Eurovet presentation of global fabric trends with fiber and fabric technologies from INVISTA that are relevant to all three market segments.
“Today’s trend presentation allowed us to bring deeper insights directly to the American market and its key players,” states Marie-Laure Bellon-Homps, CEO of Eurovet. “Many who may not have been able to travel abroad now have a chance to take advantage of this condensed version of Interfiliere Paris July ‘13, which offers the largest worldwide offerings with over 350 mills.”
The trends presented by Eurovet are characterized by four key themes:
SILENCE: Representing white, transparency and lightness. The theme expounded on luminescent whites, lasting fresh hues.
OXYDISED: Focused on movement, color and animal prints with a “feel-relaxed” technical approach.
SUMPTUOUS: The most glamourous and elegant theme, with a “feel sexy” technical approach.
PLAYFUL: A colorful theme, "a summer in winter" nod, with a "feel active" technical theme.
LYCRA fiber enhances these major trends:
LYCRA fiber with W technology for the delicate aesthetics of the SILENCE theme.
XTRA LIFE LYCRA fiber resists fiber breakage and fit loss caused from the swim environment perfect for swimwear garments in the OXYDISED theme.
LYCRA BEAUTY fabric intertwines glamour, sleekness and comfort in shapewear and swimwear – providing the ultimate sexy feeling of the SUMPTUOUS theme.
The family of LYCRA SPORT fabric brings compression, comfort, freedom of movement and shaping for sport garments linked to the PLAYFUL theme.
“This event provided an opportunity for our team to meet with key suppliers and better understand the trends and innovations that can enhance our product,” Victor Vega, EVP of Sourcing for Wacoal America, Inc. explained when asked about the value of the evening. “It allows for more efficient ways to conduct business and we’re able to foster valuable business connections with suppliers, here at home.”
“We are excited to contribute to connecting this vibrant value chain, and to raise the awareness of important fiber and fabric innovations linked to key trends,” said Ninabeth Sowell, INVISTA Senior Marketing Manager of Intimate Apparel for North America.
This event also presented feedback to the attendees about their collective views on sourcing dynamics and key innovation needs for the industry. Consistent with the overall objective of greater intimacy in the supply chain, this information was given to the group to provoke thoughts of new linkages and ways of using talented fabric resources to add value.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design