Mr Günter Veit, Deputy Chairman of VDMA Garment and Leather Technology Association and Chief Executive of Veit
A delegation of ten textile and garment technology manufacturers from Germany took part in China International Sewing Machinery and Accessories Show 2013 (CISMA). Other German companies such as Durkopp Adler, Groz-Beckert, KSL Keilmann, Veit, were also presented at the 250sqm exhibiting venue, showcasing the practice of “Blue Competence”.
For boosting the development of garment and technical textile processing industry, VDMA (German Engineering Federation) has taken a sustainability initiative called “Blue Competence” for development of machinery industry.
During the event, German textile and garment technology manufacturers showcased how advanced technologies improve energy efficiency, resource preservation and reduction of production cost for strengthening competitiveness by practicing “Blue Competence”.
At the press conference at the show, Mr Günter Veit, Deputy Chairman of VDMA Garment and Leather Technology Association and Chief Executive of Veit, said that China is the most important region for garment production market in the world. German garment industry and technical textile processing technology suppliers continuously participate in the show means the importance of China market.
Nonetheless, increasing labor and production cost, bottleneck of resource supply, propel garment manufacturers transferring their production lines to South Asia and Southeast Asia. Mr Veit said that transferring production lines shrinks the China garment market to a certain extent, meanwhile, continuous increase of production cost stimulates automation of China market, demand for high technology that is advantage of German corporates.
According to statistics, in 2012, the export of German textile and garment technology was 406 million euros, increased 5.7% compared with the same period of last year, and making Germany the third largest textile and garment technology export country in the world, behind China and Japan. Meanwhile, the United States, Turkey and China, were the major import countries of German textile and garment technology in 2012.
Innovation is the key factor of German textile and garment technology manufacturers’ success. As high technology suppliers, the manufacturers constantly provide innovative solutions for customers to respond fierce competition in market.
Mr Veit stressed that cost effectiveness, innovative production technology, high quality, sustainability and energy efficiency are critical factors for the global success of German high technology suppliers.
CISMA 2013 was held successfully held from 25-28, September in Shanghai, China.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design