When Cath Kidston wanted to create a beautiful hand-crafted 100% British blanket on which to tell her company’s 20 year history, she turned to Yorkshire textile mill Hainsworth.
The result is a stunning limited edition run of 20 Shetland wool blankets which have been showcased in selected stores across the country.
A spokesman for Cath Kidston said: “To celebrate our birthday, we transformed our Birthday Story print into beautiful, handmade blankets to go proudly on show in some of our stores for everyone to see. Only 12 large and 8 small blankets were made.
“A number of British companies and talented craftspeople worked with us to make our birthday keepsakes. Inspired by a horse-blanket, the base fabric was made by Hainsworth – a specialist British textile company founded back in 1783 who, with their Royal Warrant, also create the red coat fabric used for the Queen’s Guard uniform.”
A Welsh company printed all of the colourful patches, a London laser-cutting company cut out the felt letters and two friends of the brand knitted the logos and carried out the stitching.
Diane Simpson, Sales and Marketing Director of Hainsworth, said: “We really enjoyed working with Cath Kidston to help them celebrate their 20th birthday.”
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design