Turkmenistan’s capital city of Ashgabat is all set to host the Third International Exhibition-Fair of Cotton Products from November 23 to 24, 2013.
The two-day fair would be organized by Turkmenpagta—the State Concern for Turkmen cotton, the State Commodities and Raw Materials Exchange of Turkmenistan, and the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Turkmenistan.
According to a statement issued by Turkmenpagta, the main objectives of the exhibition-Fair of Cotton Products are expansion of long-term cooperation with international organizations and companies—the final consumers of cotton fiber and other cotton products, present a first-hand view of Turkmen cotton quality, presenting achievements and prospects in the sphere of Turkmen cotton ginning industry, cotton trade and logistics.
The organizers of the exhibition would also host a conference on ‘Cotton production in Turkmenistan and the world market’, which will address the pressing issues faced by world cotton and textile industry, as well as Turkmen cotton industry.
The conference would also address the issues of promotion of Turkmen cotton products in the world market, the current challenges faced in research and investment in the cotton producing sector and the cotton processing industry of Turkmenistan.
Last month, the country launched an agricultural campaign for the harvest of cotton, and is expecting at least 1.5 million tons of cotton production this season.
Cotton is grown in five Turkmen provinces: Akhal, Mary, Lebap, Dashoguz and Balkan, and the harvesting is carried out from August to October.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design