Frost & Sullivan, after four successful editions, is proud to announce the launch of the 2014 Edition of Green Manufacturing Excellence Awards and Summit (GMEA).
With a mission to partner organizations in building "Sustainable operations and Supply chains" Frost & Sullivan instituted the Green Manufacturing Excellence Awards in 2009. Integrating Sustainability into business models is the way forward for companies!
Organizations that understand Environment and Social impact in addition to Economic challenges and design processes to bring a positive impact in all these three elements of sustainability are expected to excel in the future, too.
According to Mr. Raghavendra Rao, Vice President, Frost & Sullivan, "Testing times usually result in typical behavior by commercial entities: the planning horizon shrinks and recedes into the short-term (you can call it fire-fighting) while most of the long-term concerns take a comfortable backseat.
He adds, “Thus, questions of 'what about the next month or the next quarter,' take a definitive precedence over holistic questions like 'where should we be in the next five years'; and, similar other issues that have long-term implications. One of these pertains to Business sustainability: What are our long-term business risks and what do we need to do 'now' so as to continue to deliver stakeholder value in the medium-/long-terms?"
The 5th edition of Green Manufacturing Excellence Awards (GMEA) continues to catalyze such introspective thought processes in organizations. This transformational process has made a definite difference to most of its participants over the last four years. And, it's Time to Introspect. Time to think long-term! Time to get going, yet again!
Initiatives taken and results achieved by organizations towards Reduce, Reuse and Recycle of Materials, Water, Energy, Emissions, Effluents, Waste and Products, and Services will be assessed.
The assessment process will also be used to understand efforts made by organizations towards study of Biodiversity and its conservation, creation of a safe workplace for employees and impact on the society on account of the plant's operations. Efforts towards developing a green supply chain will also be reviewed.
Safety Excellence Assessments –
As per statistics from the International Labor Organization, globally, there are more than 2.3 million deaths per year due to occupational incidents and work related diseases. These statistics highlight that the need for greater efforts toward creating a safe workplace. Frost & Sullivan would like to support industries in their endeavor through its "Safety Excellence Framework" and recognize efforts of front runners.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design