The ICAC has officially accepted an invitation from the Government of Greece to host the 73rd Plenary Meeting of the ICAC during 2014 in the city of Thessaloniki.
Greece joined the ICAC in 1947 and has maintained its membership in good standing in all years since. Greece hosted one previous plenary meeting in Athens in 1968. Greece produced 251,000 tons of cotton in the most recent season, and mill use was 21,000 tons.
Greece is a significant cotton exporter, accounting for an estimated 240,000 tons in the most recent season. Greek farmers practice highly technical production technology, and the Cotton & Industrial Plants Institute (NAGREF) in Thessaloniki is a leading cotton research center.
The city of Thessaloniki is the second largest in Greece and will be a highly appropriate venue for an ICAC meeting. Thessaloniki has all the facilities necessary for a successful international conference.
The dates for the 73rd Plenary Meeting have yet to be decided, but ICAC meetings are traditionally held during September, October or November.
International Cotton Advisory Committee (ICAC)
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design