The ICAC Standing Committee approved the Final Agenda for the 72nd Plenary Meeting of the Committee since 1939 at its 525th Meeting in Cary, North Carolina on August 22, 2013.
The 72nd Plenary Meeting will be held in Cartagena, Colombia, during September 29 to October 4, 2013. The venue of the meeting will be the Hilton Hotel.
The agenda is focused on meeting the challenges of interfiber competition, improving productivity and efficiency, encouraging new investment, the impacts of regional trade agreements and shifts in the location of textile production.
ICAC meetings are highly interactive, and the 72nd Plenary Meeting will include a World Café on Tuesday morning, followed by a follow-up concluding World Café session on Wednesday. The agenda also includes regional caucus meetings on Friday morning.
The agenda including an interesting mix of sessions on traditional cotton industry topics such as supply and demand and competition with other fibers, as well as sessions on non-traditional subjects such as extreme weather, women in agriculture and the impacts of land tenure on productivity.
In addition, meetings of the world task force on instrument testing, an expert panel on social, environmental and economic performance of cotton production, the Private Sector Advisory Panel, the Round Table on Biotechnology in Cotton, the International Forum for Cotton Promotion and task forces on identity cottons and competitive fibers are interwoven into the agenda of the plenary meeting.
Approximately 400 people are likely to participate in the meeting. Traditionally, about two-thirds of participants are from the private sector and one-third from government, although government officials head all delegations.
International Cotton Advisory Committee (ICAC)
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design