A total of 1858 domestic events in the Handloom Sector and 666 handicrafts exhibitions were organised in the country including in backward areas during the last three years.
During the current year (up to July, 2013), 242 domestic events and participation in 16 international events have been approved. During the last three years, participation in 68 international handloom events have been approved and spot orders worth Rs.67.41 crore have been booked.
Government is implementing Integrated Scheme for Powerloom Sector Development (ISPSD). Under the said scheme, 42 Buyer Seller Meet (BSM) were organized across the country during last three years for Marketing Development of powerloom products. The powerloom weavers are participating in BSM to market their products at regional and cluster level in the country.
The ISPSD is under approval for remaining 12th plan period. However, one BSM has been conducted during current year.
The Government proposes to organize more such exhibitions in future depending upon the number of viable proposals received under the above schemes and availability of funds.
Government provides financial assistance to various Implementing Agencies like Central/State Handicrafts Corporations/Apex Societies and NGOs who are working with artisans for organizing exhibitions in the country to provide a marketing platform for the products developed by artisans.
For International exhibition/fairs, the artisans who have been conferred Shilp Guru Award and National Awards are considered for participation in fairs/festival abroad subject to condition that their sales turnover is more than Rs.10.00 lakhs per annum or have exported handicrafts goods worth minimum of Rs.2.00 lakhs in the preceding year, provided total exports in proceeding year is not more than Rs.50.00 lakhs.
Government provides financial assistance to various Implementing Agencies like Central/State Handicrafts Corporation/Apex Societies/NGOs for promotion & development of handicraft in the country under the following scheme:-
i. Baba Sahib Ambedkar Hastshilp Vikas Yojana (AHVY).
Ministry of Textiles
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design