Officials from the Sub-Saharan African countries, during their visit to Argentina as part of the ‘Second Meeting of Ministers of Agriculture of Sub-Saharan African Countries and Argentina’, visited the Coteminas textile plant in the city of La Banda.
The African delegation was accompanied by the Director of Agriculture of the province, and a representative of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, to take a tour of the textile plant and understand the operation of the plant as well as gather information regarding the company’s business activity.
The second meeting of the ministers, which took place in the city of Buenos Aires and Santiago del Estero province of Argentina, aimed at further strengthening trade links between the two regions.
According to a statement issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Religion of Argentina, the event jointly organized by Ministries of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries, and the Government of the Province of Santiago del Estero, forms a part of the guidelines of Argentine foreign policy towards pursuing consolidation of the country’s relations with African countries.
Ministers and deputy ministers of over twenty African countries such as Angola, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde , Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Namibia, Nigeria, Republic of Guinea, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia participated in the four-day trip.
The activities included strengthening institutional contacts with the governments of the represented African regions, coordinating positions for multilateral international economic forums, as well as identifying investment projects that help to improve and diversify the productive capacity.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design