|(United States Of America)|
Unites States Senator Michael Bennet of Colorado toured and met with Gevo, Inc. to discuss the importance of renewable fuels and chemicals for Colorado and the U.S. economy.
Senator Bennet met with Gevo executives including chief executive officer Patrick Gruber, Ph.D. to discuss energy policy and see first-hand the innovative research and development Gevo has done that enabled it to become a leading provider of renewable biofuels and chemicals.
Gevo, a Colorado-based company, is the world's only commercial producer of isobutanol, a naturally occurring four carbon alcohol.
Isobutanol is an important platform chemical with broad applications in large chemicals and fuels markets and a "drop-in" product that should allow customers to replace petroleum-derived raw materials with isobutanol-derived raw materials without modification to their equipment or production processes. Isobutanol can drop into existing infrastructure, providing for easy integration into existing refining and petrochemical production processes.
Gevo's isobutanol has successfully cleared registration with the U.S. EPA as a fuel additive, is the first isobutanol to be listed in the EPA's Fuel Registration Directory, and is now approved for blending with gasoline. Additionally, Gevo worked with the United States Air Force (USAF) last June to provide fuel for the first successful "alcohol-to-jet" (ATJ) fuel test flight in an A-10 Thunderbolt II.
"We applaud Senator Bennet's support for the renewable energy industry and appreciate his visit to our headquarters to learn about the technology that makes Gevo a leading renewable chemicals and advanced biofuels company," said Gruber.
Senator Bennet remarked that he very much enjoyed his visit to Gevo and said, "Colorado has a strong reputation as a hub for innovation and firms like Gevo are leading the way. By developing innovative techniques for converting biomass to fuel, Gevo is a critical part of developing a balanced national energy portfolio."
Gevo is a leading renewable chemicals and next-generation biofuels company. Gevo's patent-protected, capital-light business model converts existing ethanol plants into biorefineries to make isobutanol. This versatile chemical can be directly integrated into existing chemical and fuel products to deliver environmental and economic benefits.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design