The Central Asian country of Uzbekistan is expecting to produce 1.1 million tons of processed cotton in 2013, to maintain the production at the level of 2012.
According to the Uzbek Cotton Industry Association (Uzkhlopkoprom Association), raw cotton harvesting for the current year is predicted at last year’s harvest level of 3.35 million tons, reports Azer News.
In 2012, Uzbekistan’s raw cotton harvest was 3.35 million tons which was 4.5 percent lower compared to the harvest in 2011 when the production of processed cotton had decreased by 0.6 percent to 1.095 million tons.
Uzbekistan is the sixth largest producer of cotton in the world and holds the second position for exports of the product.
Annually the country produces around 3.5 million tons of raw cotton and around 1 to 1.2 million tons of processed cotton.
Of the total cotton production, 95 percent are medium fibre bred varieties with a fibre length of 32 to 33 millimeters, whereas the rest are long fibre with a length varying between 36 to 39 millimeters.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design