Foster Wheeler AG announced that the UK subsidiary of its Global Engineering and Construction Group has been awarded, for the sixth successive year, the prestigious Order of Distinction Award for Occupational Health and Safety by the UK’s Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA), and also its twentieth consecutive RoSPA Gold Award for outstanding health and safety performance on UK and international projects.
The Order of Distinction is RoSPA’s highest achievement award and is only presented to those companies which have attained at least 15 consecutive RoSPA Gold Awards for outstanding health and safety performance.
“We take great pride in once again receiving the prestigious RoSPA Order of Distinction Award,” said Filippo Abbà, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Foster Wheeler Energy Limited.
“This award reflects our company’s commitment to our Realizing Zero strategy designed to engender a Zero Harm safety culture and confirms that our health, safety, environmental and security (HSES) performance is underpinned by world-class systems. This latest award provides continued assurance that Foster Wheeler is truly a leader when it comes to HSES management.”
Dating back 57 years, the RoSPA Awards scheme is the largest and longest-running programme of its kind in the UK. It recognises commitment to accident and ill-health prevention and is open to businesses and organisations of all types and sizes from across the UK and overseas. The scheme not only looks at accident records, but also entrants’ overarching health and safety management systems, including practices such as leadership and workforce involvement.
David Rawlins, RoSPA’s awards manager, said, “RoSPA firmly believes that organisations that demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement in accident and ill health prevention deserve recognition. Foster Wheeler Energy Limited has shown that it is committed to striving for such continuous improvement and we are delighted to honour it through the presentation of an award.”
Foster Wheeler AG is a global engineering and construction company and power equipment supplier delivering technically advanced, reliable facilities and equipment. The company employs approximately 13,000 talented professionals with specialized expertise dedicated to serving its clients through one of its two primary business groups.
The company’s Global Engineering and Construction Group designs and constructs leading-edge processing facilities for the upstream oil and gas, LNG and gas-to-liquids, refining, chemicals and petrochemicals, power, minerals and metals, environmental, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology and healthcare industries.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design