Novomania 2013 launched its fourth edition (17-19 July 2013); the best yet with some refreshing new labels and returning brands, coupled with the supporting NEWGEN talent from China for its fourth edition - a meeting place where business is paramount.
Covering a total of 19 countries and regions including France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Russia, Germany, Brazil, UK, Sweden, Holland, Belgium, USA, Australia, Japan, Korea, Philippines, Mainland China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong, and showcasing over 114 brands and innovative retail services in total, Novomania is the only tradeshow in China presenting this many international brands.
Added to that, with 80 global media titles covering the show, Novomania has been placed firmly on the fashion calendar for brands wanting to establish themselves in the growing Chinese market.
For its fourth edition Novomania showcased five fashion areas: Denim & Urban, Fashion & Chic, Sports & Street, Shoes & Accessories, and Contemporary & Premium. There is also Innovation & Retail Services - highlighting why Novomania is a must visit!
Robin Jeans, denim and lifestyle brand, founder, Robin Chretien adds, "We met the team at Novomania in LA at one of their informative roadshows. We were really impressed and they made us understand that China is the future, so that's why we are here with our brand Robin Jeans at Novomania."
Jerome Tordjmann, Export Manager of Eleven Paris comments, "This is our first time at Novomania and we are here to meet local buyers, multi brand stores, shop in shop and to increase our brand awareness in the Chinese market. There is no set agenda to showcase our brand at Novomania, but ultimately it's to make the right contacts here to enter in the Chinese market."
Chung Chung Lee, Creative Director of LIE by Lie Sang Bong (the premium Korean label) says, "Novomania is a new platform for our collection to get into the Chinese premium market. LIE is where avant-garde and NY modern style combine to create a twist on modern luxury.
"We are showing our S/S 14 collection, which we first showcased in Paris and now here in Shanghai. Novomania has been a great success for us. We met buyers not only from Shanghai, but also from all over China."
Exhibitor, Zubair Mal, International Manager for Voi jeans Co. comments, "From start to finish Novomania was a complete eye opener for us as a brand. We had ideas of what we wanted to take away with us from exhibiting at the show, such as new contacts, potential distributors and so on, but we learnt so much more...it became more about networking, building relationships and learning in-depth about the Chinese market and the strategies that other brands have implemented to become successful.
"We have realised the Chinese market requires brands with a heritage, a unique point of view, and a clear direction and brand strategy, which is something Voi Jeans Co. strives to achieve."
Guilherme Faria, General Manager of UBM Novomania comments, "The joint venture with UBM has brought Novomania strongly into the exhibition arena and has made it possible to create something very special about the show. Novomania is a mix of both International and home grown brands.
"China is starting to produce some very interesting brands, and it is just a matter of time until these creative Chinese brands go International. We want Novomania to be the reference for fashion in Asia and to help transform fashion in China and the way it is perceived."
He adds, "We show not only International brands but also up and coming Chinese brands and also labels from countries like Korea, Japan, Australia and Hong Kong, brands you wouldn't see anywhere else in the world, so Novomania is firmly on the Asian fashion calendar and a must attend show".
He announces the expansion of Novomania with two shows in 2014. "After 4 years of Novomania, and as many successful annual events, we believe it is the right time to hold the show two times per year, accordingly to the fashion seasonality. The Chinese consumer is ahead of the market, and is pushing the multi-brand trade to move faster.
"As such the market is requesting a fashion platform where the brands can exhibit their collections for Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter accordingly. In response to this demand we decided to move Novomania's dates back to March, and launch a second event in the year in September. The next edition will be held in Shanghai Mart on 5-7 March 2014, and the brands and designers will be presenting the A/W 2014/15 collections."
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design