The Spanish textile industry turnover has continuously registered a dip for two consecutive months in May and June 2013.
According to the data released by the National Statistics Institute (INE), the Turnover Index (BCI) of the textile industry in June 2013 recorded a decrease of 9 percent, after the fall in May when it registered a decline of 3.6 percent.
The decline in textile industry turnover is the largest compared to the average turnover of the Spanish industrial sector, which fell by 4 percent in the month of June 2013.
Contrary to the textile industry, the turnover of garment manufacturing sector in Spain rose by 3 percent in the month of June, compared to a dip of 1.7 percent in May 2013.
According to a separate data released by the INE, the New Orders Index (IEP) of industries related to the Spanish apparel sector grew unevenly in the month of June, 2013.
The IEP of the clothing industry recorded an increase of 15.4 percent whereas the IEP of textiles registered a decrease of 2.4 percent.
The IEP in manufacturing of knitted fabrics, carpets, rope, non-woven fabrics, textile products for technical and industrial use, as well as other textile products also decreased by 0.9 percent.
In June 2013, the textile sector production also fell by 5.4 percent year-on-year, according to the Industrial Production Index (IPI) data released by INE.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design