|(United States Of America)|
In August, U.S. cotton demand for 2013/ 14 was reduced to 14.1 million bales, nearly 2.5 million bales below last season and the lowest since 1988/89, as supply constraints are expected to limit U.S. exports.
While exports continue to account for the bulk of demand, U.S. shipments are forecast at 10.6 million bales in 2013/14. A reduction in import demand by China and increased competition for a smaller world trade is expected to keep U.S. exports at their lowest level since 2000/01.
The projected U.S. share of global trade of 28 percent is similar to last season but one of the lowest during the previous decade. With forecasts of U.S. cotton demand exceeding production for the first time in three seasons, ending stocks are projected to decrease 1 million bales this season to 2.8 million bales, the lowest since 2010/11.
Similarly, the stocks-to-use ratio of 20 percent is the lowest in three years. As of August, the 2013/14 upland farm price is forecast to range between 72 and 88 cents per pound. The midpoint of 80 cents per pound is 8 cents above 2012/13’s estimate of 72 cents per pound and 8 cents below 2011/12’s 88 cents per pound.
United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design