SEL Manufacturing Company Limited, a Ludhiana based integrated textile conglomerate, has registered a turnover of Rs. 1381.58 crore during the quarter ended 30th June, 2013 as against Rs. 634.76 crore in the corresponding quarter last year, thereby registering a growth of 117.65%. Earnings before depreciation, finance cost and tax increased from Rs.118.93 crore during the first quarter of financial year 2012-13 to Rs. 241.27 crore during the quarter ended 30th June, 2013, showing an increase of 102.87%.
Profit after Tax (PAT) recorded an increase of 213.98%, from Rs. 16.81 crore during the quarter ended 30th June, 2012 to Rs. 52.78 crore during the quarter ended 30th June, 2013. The group is one of the fastest growing integrated textile conglomerate having presence in yarns, knitted fabrics, terry towel, ready-made garments and captive power generation. SEL Manufacturing Company Limited has been ranked 14th as per Total Income in the textile sector in Dun & Bradstreet,s India,s Top 500 Companies 2012.
SEL Textiles Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of SEL Manufacturing Company Limited, recently commissioned the state-of-the-art Greenfield Mega Integrated Textile Park at Village Panjava, District Muktsar, Punjab in April, 2013. In the first phase, SEL commissioned the yarn spinning section, which is being set-up with a capacity of nearly 2 lac. spindles. This unit will have forward integration in denims.
SEL has already proved its capabilities in implementation of new projects. The better performance of the Company is attributable not only to better textile market conditions but also to the increased production levels on account of various expansion projects undertaken by the Company in the preceding years, including one of the largest spinning units at Village Mehatwara in Madhya Pradesh and the doubling of the capacities of the spinning units located at Hansi in Hissar and Neemrana in Rajasthan. SEL is confident that the true value of expansion shall be captured in the years to come, thereby fulfilling the expectations of its stakeholders.
SEL Manufacturing Company
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design