Exports of cotton from Latin American country of Paraguay were affected due to drastic reduction in cotton harvest during the 2012-13 season.
Cotton exports earned US$ 20.3 million in foreign exchange for Paraguay, showing a significant decline of 39.4 percent compared to last year’s earnings of US$ 33.5 million, the foreign trade report of the Central Bank of Paraguay said.
From January to July 2013, the bank recoded total cotton shipments at 10,917 tons, registering a drop of 40.5 percent over 18,348 tons of exports recorded during the same period of last year.
The decline in exports were mainly due to decline in production, as drought affected the northern part of the country at the beginning of the year, and also because cultivation began with delays.
The late arrival of transgenic seeds was the main reason for delay in sowing seeds, as farmers were reluctant to produce cotton with outdated varieties.
Compared to harvest of about 82,000 tons of cotton in the previous season, around 43,000 tons of cotton was produced in 2012-13, according to the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design