After showing a rise for two consecutive months, production in the Spanish textile industry fell by 5.4 percent year-on-year in June 2013, according to the latest Industrial Production Index (IPI) data released by National Statistical Institute (INE).
In April and May this year, Spanish textile industry showed 17.9 percent year-on-year and 2.4 percent year-on-year rise in production, respectively.
The decline in Spanish textile industry production is in line with the general decline of 4.6 percent observed in the overall Spanish industrial production in June 2013.
The garment sector production of the Spanish industry registered a sharp fall of 17.7 percent year-on-year on the IPI in June. In May this year, the output declined slightly by 0.2 percent year-on-year.
Among textile and clothing sub-sectors, production increased in three segments, while it decreased in six.
The biggest increase in production was recorded in the manufacture of articles of fur, which increased by 46.3 percent year-on-year, followed by manufacturing of textile fibres and yarn which rose by 7.6 percent, and textile finishing grew by 0.6 percent.
The sub-sectors that saw a decline were the manufacturing of textile fabrics, which dropped by 22.8 percent year-on-year, followed by clothing (except fur) with a dip of 20.3 percent, knitted and crocheted garments with a fall of 19.7 percent, and manufacturing of other textiles decreased by 5.2 percent.
A few days earlier, the export price index (IPRIX) data released by the INE indicated that the Spanish textile industry recorded a fall of 0.1 percent in the month of June compared to the 0.6 percent increase in the month of May, 2013. In fact, in June 2013, Spain’s textile export prices dipped for the first time since January 2010.
Fibre2fashion News Desk - India
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design