|(United States Of America)|
In July AccuQuilt welcomed celebrity quilter Luke Haynes and his “Fabric Figures” quilt exhibit to their showcase gallery. This exhibition is open to the public and on display until August 31. The opening reception on July 18 celebrated Haynes’ show and marked the start of his artist-in-residence with AccuQuilt’s Dream Studio.
While he was there, Haynes spent his time working on a variety of quilting projects including a quilting project he designed using repurposed dress shirts acquired from a local Goodwill.
After carefully disassembling the shirts, Haynes created his own blocks of fabric and die cut them into shapes using the Winding Ways die for the Go! Cutter system. Colors of blue, white, and various striped patterns gave his design an intricate look.
"I really liked my time working with the team at AccuQuilt and having them walk me through their tools,” Haynes said. “I now have a few new tricks up my sleeve and I am going to take these tools home and change the way I make quilts!"
The AccuQuilt Gallery is located at the AccuQuilt Omaha headquarters at 8843 S 137th Circle (near Cabela's, off Interstate 80).
About AccuQuilt, Better Cuts Make Better Quilts:
Headquartered in Omaha, Neb., AccuQuilt offers quilters, fabric crafters and retailers a premiere line of fabric cutters, dies, quilting patterns and other quilt and fabric cutting solutions that help quilters quickly and accurately cut shapes for quilting and fabric crafts. AccuQuilt also offers quilters a wide variety of rich educational resources to enhance their quilting experiences. Cutting with AccuQuilt cutters is a natural evolution of fabric cutting methods.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design