The two new textile factories that are coming up in the municipality of Cambambe, also spelled Kambambe, in Angola, located in Southern Africa, would create around 2,000 direct jobs.
The two new factories—one for making fabric and another for making clothing items—are being built on the same location that once housed the Satec textile factory building, according to Angolan news agency ANGOP.
Francisco Diogo, the municipal administrator of Cambambe, said that by 2015 the factories are likely to begin production, and would result in creation of 2,000 direct jobs.
The new textile plants being built under a Japanese private investment will be equipped with latest technology.
The setting up of the new textile and apparel units is also expected to stimulate the reactivation of the Dondo industrial park, which was once considered one of the top four industrial hubs of the country.
Meanwhile, cotton spinning and weaving operations are likely to restart at the Africa Textil this year. Initially, the textile factory would restart with two working lines, of which one would have an annual production capacity of 350,000 bed covers and 100,000 towels.
Moreover, in order to satisfy the demand of the country’s textile industry, Angolan Government has invested in cotton production in Malanje and Kwanza Sul provinces and has established cotton processing and spinning units there.
Fibre2fashion News Desk - India
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design